Bruxism is a common dental condition that can manifest anytime, anywhere, during the day and at night. If left untreated, bruxism can lead to more complex dental issues such as jaw pain and tooth damage. Seeking professional help from a dentist can provide effective solutions to prevent further dental complications and improve your overall oral health.
At Modern Family Dental Care, we deliver top-quality treatment for bruxism in Concord near Charlotte, NC 28269 to help you regain control over teeth grinding and jaw clenching. Our team of dental professionals prioritizes your oral health and overall well-being and will ensure they provide the appropriate dental treatment for your condition.
Our Concord dentist, Dr. Taj Haynes, understands what bruxism is and the impact it can have on your oral health and overall well-being. He will take his time to enlighten you on everything you should know, including what causes bruxism and what the condition entails.
What Is Bruxism?
Bruxism, or teeth grinding, is characterized by excessive, involuntary teeth grinding. This condition can lead to symptoms including jaw pain, headaches, earaches, and worn-down teeth. Moreover, bruxism can have severe consequences on your oral health, such as tooth fractures and even tooth loss.
If you’re looking to get teeth-grinding treatment in Concord, we encourage you to visit our practice, where we provide you with the best treatment available to correct bruxism. Our trusted dentist specializes in effective treatments tailored to improve your dental health and overall well-being.
Types of Bruxism
Bruxism can be classified into two main types: awake and sleep bruxism. Both types of bruxism can lead to more complicated dental issues and should be treated to prevent further complications.
- Awake bruxism: This type of bruxism occurs during the daytime and is often associated with stress, anxiety, and tension. It is usually characterized by clenching of the teeth.
- Sleep bruxism: This occurs during sleep and is usually involuntary, making it more difficult to control. It is often associated with sleep-related disorders, such as sleep apnea.
What Causes Bruxism?
Bruxism is a dental condition that affects both children and adults. While the exact causes of bruxism can differ from one individual to another, it is important to recognize the triggers to prevent or manage the condition effectively. Here are a few factors that may contribute to the onset of bruxism:
- Stress and anxiety: Many individuals experience teeth grinding as a result of daily pressures, such as work or personal issues. Continuous stress can lead to overactive jaw muscles, resulting in bruxism as a coping mechanism.
- Alcohol consumption: People who consume excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol, or those who smoke, are more likely to develop bruxism. These substances stimulate the nervous system, causing hyperactivity in the jaw muscles.
- Dental abnormalities: Misaligned, crooked, missing teeth, or improper dental restoration can all lead to bruxism. When the teeth do not fit together correctly, the jaw muscles work harder to ensure proper alignment, resulting in grinding and clenching.
Suppose you’re looking for a dentist in Concord to attend to you or your child’s bruxism; don’t hesitate to visit us at Modern Family Dental Care. Our dentist has a vast knowledge of how to treat bruxism and will ensure comprehensive dental care for oral issues associated with bruxism.
How Mouth Guards Can Help Manage Teeth Grinding
Mouth guards are an effective dental device in preventing the harmful effects of teeth grinding. These devices are made to fit on an individual’s teeth and provide a protective barrier between the upper and lower teeth. By wearing a mouth guard, the force of grinding is absorbed by the mouth guard, reducing the pressure on the teeth and jaw.
Moreover, mouth guards for teeth grinding protect the teeth and help manage related symptoms. By creating a cushion between the upper and lower teeth, mouth guards can reduce the strain on the jaw muscles, reducing jaw pain and headaches caused by bruxism.
In addition to providing dental treatments for bruxism, we prioritize patient education and will enlighten you on how to treat bruxism. Our dental team believes in empowering patients with knowledge about their oral health and guiding proper dental hygiene practices and habits that can help contribute to their overall well-being.
Receive Top-Quality Dental Treatment For Bruxism in Concord near Charlotte, NC
Suppose you are suffering from bruxism and looking to get teeth-grinding treatment in Concord near Charlotte. In that case, you should schedule an appointment with our expert dentist and receive the necessary dental care to alleviate your symptoms and prevent further complications. Receive the best dental treatment for bruxism at our dental practice.
At Modern Family Dental Care, we provide top-quality treatment for bruxism in Concord near Charlotte, NC 28262, to improve your dental health and ensure it is at its peak. Our dental team will work closely with you to develop a treatment plan that addresses the specific needs of bruxism. Contact us to schedule an appointment today!